Saturday, January 19, 2008

Don't hit the grave!


We have had snow here twice this week.. which is unusual for Atlanta.. so I took some pictures that you will only see in Decatur.



That is a palm tree covered in snow. Now, there are not that many palm trees in Atlanta area. My street has about 6. But we are kinda at the bottom of a hill and it is kinda protected down here I guess. The legend is that the guy that built the original house on the street was a really interested in unique plants. And palm trees in Atlanta are unique.



The other unique site I saw was people sledding in the cemetery. I tell people all the time that people use the cemetery as a park and the below pictures will prove that. It was pretty weird to see it live, it is not every day you see people frolicking amongst the graves. I heard on mom yell out, Don't hit the grave!






















For being a such a snowy day, I have not been home much.. I went to the gym for a step class at 8:30 and then to Kroger where I participated in the Atlanta tradition of running to the grocery store when snow starts to fall. I then went out to lunch with my parents and JK who was in town to see my parents house finished. We got all caught up with his upcoming move to Norway.


And then when I got home, I ran into a neighbor who told me about the sledding, and I had to check that out. So now I am home, and I am really going to enjoy making stew and cleaning , and bundling up for a cold night. And church was cancelled, so I can sleep in late tomorrow. YAY!






No comments: