Sunday, January 27, 2008

Church

The church I go to is a pretty important part of my life. I volunteer in a couple different areas.. Wamba (the preschool/day care environment while services are going on) I am a small group leader, and I am trying to go on a trip to Mexico with the church late spring. I go to Buckhead Church. It is a non denomination christian church that strives to create relevant environments that really speak to people who view them selves as 'non church people'.

Right my my favorite place is Wamba land. I am a lead teacher in the Babies room. Essentially, I wrangle babies for an hour. Some of the other Wamba land people tell me they like the kids older because they have more personality. But you have the same babies for a couple weeks, they get to know you, and when they see you they smile, and when they are tired the snuggle into your shoulders. And they are too sweet. It is that sweetness that makes the stinky diapers and the babies that don't stop crying seem less big.

If you happen to read this, check them out.
buckheadchurch.org.

No comments: