Friday, January 4, 2008

A Condition

My Mom's friend called the other day to see if I could call her niece that had the same 'condition' that I had. And when she called back to say thanks for me talking to her niece, she referred to my 'thyroid condition' again. I wanted to shout.. I did not have a condition. That sounds like I had a cold or the flu or something. I had cancer.. it has a name, and I understand that it is a scarier thing to say. Trust me when I say, it is scarier to have it..
This is probably the time of year that I think the most about thyroid cancer, as I had the surgeries in Jan 05.

2 comments:

dad said...

It is so hard to believe that it has been 3 years. You have been a strength to many with how you have handled cancer.
Now as to having a condition, saying SOB seems to be a condition that you need to lose :)

dad said...

mom said. Saying cancer is sort of like saying
"Voldermort"