Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2 failures

I have been in a cooking mood recently. I am trying to eat better, and watch my salt in take, and not eat out so much.

On Sunday, I made stew, and it is great, if I say so my self. And it made enough to have for lunch all week. So my lunch this week is stew and a bag of carrots. Very yummy.

But my 2 failures have come on chocolate cookies. Last night, I started to make the cookies and I realized I did not have enough brown sugar, so I just substitute white sugar. And that made the cookies strangely not coherent. They just ell apart.

And tonight, I attempt to make chocolate cookies again... But tonight, I used you can't believe its not butter, and trust me, I can believe it is not butter. The cookies turned out fluffy and bland.

I guess this means that God does not want me eating cookies right now.

1 comment:

MMH said...

Here's the substitution for brown sugar:

Substitute white sugar for brown sugar on a 1 to 1 basis, but add 4 tablespoons of molasses per cup, and decrease the total amount of liquid in the recipe by 3 tablespoons.

I'm assuming you probably don't have any molasses though?