Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas cold


Christmas this year was made so much more relaxing with the addition of the every fun Christmas cold! I got sick over the weekend.. and then on Sunday into Monday night I got about 3 hours sleep with made work on Monday miserable. But I went in and did my report and got a list from Nathan on what need to be worked on for the rest of the week and got L prepped on how to do the summary for WSE.. and then I went home. I got home about 11 and put my PJ's on and went right to bed. I had planned to get up around 3.. but then my mom called and said that we were celebrating EH's graduation.. so i had to run to by hand south for a last min gift. So i only got to sleep until 220 ish.. which was ok, and I got through the evening. Even though I was blowing my nose every other minute. I was glad I made it through so well. I, in a very unwise move took cold medicine, a multiple vitamin and a priolec all together.. the combination made me just about pass out.. the world went all back for a moment and i though for a moment that an earth quake was happening.. then I realized that it was me! and the vitamin made me all nauseated and I got sick.. but luckily I am very used to throwing up.. so i just brushed my teeth and went over.
I slept like the drugged on Christmas as I took some NyQuil. And I got to my parents for breakfast at about 10:30 on Christmas morning. I had breakfast and said hi to everyone.. but I guess the cold medicine I took in the morning really knocked for a loop, and I felt exhausted. So I went home about noon and I missed the traditional Christmas movie. And instead took a 3 hour nap. Which felt wonderful. I went over for dinner , which was great! and then enjoyed the traditional grab bag and I got a lovely waffle maker.
By the time I got home I could feel a migraine coming on.. and it is never good to get that head ache at night.. so I went to bed and hoped for the best. But when I woke up the headache was worse, my throat hurt and my nose was still a faucet.. so I called in sick to work. Which was probably for the best. I would of been a waste at work.. I would of just been there for the sake of being there.
But it is now Wednesday night.. and I feel much better. A walk outside in the sun helped with my head ache.. (I had the head ache which only feels better if i do some brisk activity, preferable in some place chilly and do lots of deep breathing) And I slept in, and had a late breakfast, followed by a nap and a late lunch.. (more like linner actually) and an imax. I was able to say good by to MDH and KSH. And after I finish Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix, (which should be done by 8) I will go to bed.
If I had gone to work today, I would of sat there holding my head and blowing my nose be moaning my self on how stupid I was going to work and not actually doing any work. And I would of left early or had to call out sick tomorrow.
But now I am well rested and I feel much better. I could not of had a more well used sick day. Even though I would preferred being at work today, and not having the Christmas cold.
Ironically enough, Mark also had the same cold.. but he appeared to be a day after me in its effects. So I could not of giving it to him.

No comments: