Sunday, December 16, 2007

MacBeth, The Snuggle slut


I am of the opionion that if you live by yourself that you should have a pet. I have cat that goes by the name of Macbeth. And she is a snuggle slut! The only way I can get her off my lap or away from me is to wait. She, like any other cat, has her moods..
But it is kinda cute. When I am sleeping she feels the need to keep in contact with my body. Meaning that she in some way is always touching me. Either snuggled right up next to my head or on my feet.. When she was younger she used to get more annoyed when I turned or shifted, but now she just waits until I am done, and then shifts.. But she does not view it as painful when I sleep on her tail..
I guess it is my own fault.. when she was a kitten she had a bunch of surgeries to fix a spaying that was done when she was too small.. and I was supposed to keep her still, so i would put her in bed with me so that I could watch her more carefully.

The only time this was bad was when I had the RAI.. I was supposed to keep small children and pets away from me for a week. and it was not like I could send Macbeth to my mom's house or outside (it was Feburary) while the radiation did its work.. And when I closed the bedroom door she just spent the night yawling and clawing at the door, which was not very easy to sleep through and i was tired enough. So I let her in to the room and i yelled (which was kinda funny because my voice was all raspy and soft) and hit the bed to frighten her.. and she would get off the bed and then I would go to sleep. But when I woke up I would feel Macabeth at my feet and the yelling and thumping would start up again. the most I could do was to make my head area unconfortable for her to sleep at, so at least she was shielded from the worst of it. After a couple nights of me yelling at her, she got the picture and stayed off the bed. Which was kinda sad as when i was over being radioactive, it took her a couple weeks to get back up on the bed..

No comments: