Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weather



The storms down here scare me. In NY you rarely have massive loud thunderstorms. So the storms that came through on Friday and Saturday were scary. The only reason I don't freak out is this mantra that I tell me self. "I have health Insurance if I get hit by a tree. I have car insurance if my car gets hit by a tree, and I have rental insurance if my apartment gets hit by a tree." I think if I did not have one of those 3 that I would stress out about having to pay for the potential damage.




On Sunday on the way home from church I drove through Cabbage town to take some pictures. But pictures really don't do the damage justice. But the part that is amazing to me is how localized it is. You can see where the path goes through Oakland Cemetery and where it smacks into the The Cotton Mill lofts and where it curves onto some streets in Cabbagetown. The part that is amazing about the storm is that no one was hurt. There was probably 30 thousand plus people that were in the middle of that storm and there was only 1 major injury. Thank God that the basketball game went into overtime so that all those people were that were at the SEC games were inside.




This is a picture of the Oakland Cemetery . They had a guard.. (who was not doing a very good job as I got in, and then he yelled at me to get out. Part of me want to snap back and say .. Get off your phone and do you job.)


A cemetery is actually a good place for a tornado to strike.. as well.. no one lives there..


The Cotton Mill lofts were also hit hard. It looks like half of the roof is gone. In person it made me gasp. It is amazing that no one was killed.
It is kinda shocking to me that there was that much damage a couple miles from where I live.


No comments: