Thursday, March 20, 2008

Terrified

I did something terrifying today. I cancelled my cable. I originally called to downgrade to a cheaper options.. I was paying 65 dollars a month. The next option was 52 dollars .. which I viewed as not enough different. And then the next option was 19 dollars.. and that was too basic. It was going to just be local channels but cable clear. So I just cancelled it. I am currently enjoying my last couple hours of clear TV..

I did not cancel it for a purely economic reason. The cable bill never stress my budget, even with gas prices as they are. Truth be told.. The money I spent on cable will probably just be spent on books and netflix.
But I took a look at my goals and non of them include sitting in front of my TV killing hours at a time watching documentaries. So I called and cancelled. Right now I want to call them back and say I lied and to not turn it off.. But I will not..
My friend Alan who is also free from a cable bill says that the first couple weeks are tough.. but then you get used to it.. so keep in your prayers these next couple weeks.

The good news is that I will probably work out more and my apartment will be very clean.

1 comment:

ETK said...

Wow, I am impressed! I wish I could do that too - but Baby would have a cow.