Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pet Peeve of mine

This is my current pet peeve...

If some one says hello.. if i say hello quietly or they don't hear me say Hello or Good morning back... then they go.. I said Hello.. or good morning or good afternoon.. as the case may be.. This morning this happened.. a women said Good Morning while I was getting my milk out of the Fridge at work, I said hello softly... and she blasts back with a "I said Good Morning!" I then turned around and I said.. I said Hello! I am sorry you did not hear..

Why is this women trying to shame me? When I say Hello I am saying it for my own benefit... not to make other people feel bad. If the subject of my hello does not respond.. i just leave it alone.. i don't try and make them feel bad about not responding back.. may be that person is not quite awake... may be they have some thing import on their mind.. who know.. but I don't say hello to get validation of my Greeting abilities..

I mentioned this to two different people.. the one person agreed with me.. and the other was like.. The other person (the person that started the hello exchange) probably thought that you were being disrespectful of her.. and i am like... which I will save for another post.. the idea or preception of respect.

No comments: