Saturday, April 14, 2007

First Post

After many years I have finally gotten my own PC, so I thought I would try this whole Blog thing...
This site is mostly for me to have a place to put my own thoughts and feelings.. so if you accidentally stumble upon this site know that I really was a short bus rider.. In preschool. My mother heard that my brother and I might qualify for publicly funded preschool because we had some speech problems..(he and I are twins.. and speech problems are common among twins. Probably due to the fact that we learned how to speak in part by listening to another human that was learning to speak at the same time as we were.. I guess twins reinforce their own bad habits.) H and I rode the short bus to a county run preschool. We were the only "normal" kids on the bus. The other kids were a bit older then us and if I am remembering correctly(I was only 4!) some were developmentally delayed and some were helmet kids. I never realised that riding this but would be an insult until in my post college life at job some one jokingly said.. hey he is a short bus rider.. and I was like.. HEY! I was a short bus rider! and he said.. I would not be too proud about that.. and I said..Hey I have a college degree..(he did not). I am not ashamed of my short bus riding days.. in fact I am glad that I started off my learning career in an such a supportive environment.

No comments: