Monday, October 27, 2008

The 3 Day

I just finished my 2nd 3 Day as the Camp Logistics Crew Captain.. and let me say. It was the hardest 4 Days of work. Between the rain,the wind and the relo and having less people... it was difficult. I could see it in my peoples eyes that they were frustrated by the lack of information that I had to give them. Which trust me, was frustating to me too.
I was as postive as I could be, and I am proud to say, I got a couple emails from my members that they would crew again.. maby not camp logistics but still crew. And if people are willing to come back and crew again, I say I did my job. as I am not joking when I say it is the most difficult crew to be on. It is so difficult because our job involves so many differnent tasks.. and well, the Komen tells me very little. I think I almost pass out on Saturday due to lack of sleep, no down time, and really bad food. We brought pizza in to camp for Dinner, and I swear, that pizza saved my life.
What I did to keep up my spirits on such a hard event was that I would cheer up walkers by walking up and down the line there were waiting in for hours and made people laugh by having smiling contest or telling them I would hug them and that I had not showered in a couple days. On Saturday at my lowest point, due to lack of sleep and food and just so exhausted I was in tears, a couple walkers stopped me and thanked me for for cheering them up on Friday, and gave me hugs just when I needed it.

All and all, it was a fun time, if you rethink your idea of fun. :) Cannot wait for next year, but I might try and do a different crew. Camp Logistics is truly very very difficult.

No comments: