Thursday, August 28, 2008

how do you say no?

I must look nice.. as this is the second time this has happen to me.. and the second time I said yes.

Today I was at a Gas station up here near work.. and a guy in an old car with his wife and 3 little girls all in car seats was asking for Gas money so that he could drive home to Richmond VA. I saw about 4 people turn him down, and then he caught my eye. And my normal retort of I have no cash does not work at a Gas Station.. because he was like.. you can use your credit card.

So I said yes.. because I am too nice.. and when he asked how much, I let him fill up his tank.. which was about 57 dollars. Sigh. He was very thankful, and so was his wife.. and he had his 3 little girls all in cars seats all wave and say thanks. He offered to take my email address so he could mail the cash once he got home.. but I told him not to worry about it. I just wish I could claim it as a tax deductible donation. :)

Now I am nice.. but not stupid. I am a bit weary of scams. I had fear that he could some how clone my card or something. So I did not 'charge' the gas on my debit card.. but my credit card. So if he does some how clone it..A. He will not get much money as my credit limit is not that high. :) and B. And it will be much easier for me to freeze that account and not worry about life as I rarely use it.

But how do you say no a family in need when you have the means to help?

No comments: