Sunday, May 18, 2008

Very Proud

JS and I did a relay for Life on Friday with on a team that a former co workers wife heads up. It is always a good event and this year it was even better. Last year there was a woman on the team who had stage 4 Melanoma. She had been diagnosed with cancer when pregnant and it was a small miracle that the baby was born fine, because that cancer can spread between mother and fetus. Last year's relay her baby was only a year and doctors where just treating her so that she could spend more time with her son, and they really thought there was no hope.. this year she is in complete remission. Miracles do happen! But she is still often in my prayers as melanoma is a tricky cancer.. and come back very aggressively.

But the main reason i am proud is that JS signed up for the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). Even though it required her to give four vials of blood and she hates giving blood. So Bravo JS. I will admit, though that I am a tad jealous.. I wish is could be in long term cancer study too. Stupid thyroid cancer. Or I guess if I look at it.. i am in my own little micro cancer study.. Lets hope I never report a postive finding again.

No comments: